March 2024. Time to catch up. Lots of travel with the kids, a few more unwanted pounds to the waist, but still grateful to be a mom, lover of coffee, a wife and the ability to see a few places with my Nikon along the way.
Last summer, my daughter was chosen to represent the USA at the United World Games in June of 2023. It was the summer of her sophomore year and we couldn't have been more proud. We were able to see Austria, Germany and I was able to witness her and 14 other girls come home with the Gold against Germany. This is an experience not too many people can say they have achieved as a sophomore in High School. We made friends with families from across the United States and created memories in Austria, Germany and Italy.
Let me first start off by saying that if your daughter plays basketball and is at all interested in competing abroad... you must apply with this tour. The Founder/Leader (Richie Schueller) is an upstanding individual with a passion for basketball and just a good human being. He has a world of knowledge in the field and is very humble with all that he has accomplished. I highly suggest you apply to this organization and I believe they are still accepting applications for this summer. You will make lifelong friends with people across the United States and create invaluable memories with your child. This will forever be one of my most favorite moments of the summer of 2023. The tour can be contacted at www.phdhoops.com
 |
| Wearing the Gold! |
 |
| My daughter walking into the UWG facility. |
 |
| PHDhoops and United World Games dinners |
 |
| While the USA team was practicing, I took a few other Mom's to help me re-enact the Sound of Music in the hills of Austria. |
Austria. Austria has to be one of the most underrated European cities. The cities are clean, the people are nice and the scenery is just like the Sound of Music. Except, you must see it in person and not in a movie. This country was not on my bucket list and now I want to go back. We weren't able to see Vienna on this tour and I have yet to hear it isn't anything but extraordinary.
Venice. When first arriving by bus to the town its a little underwhelming. It's not until you hit the water taxi to take you to the island that you say, ' Ohhhhh, that's the Venice you see in pictures.' It's true, you can get lost in the hallways and walkways of Venice. We toured the infamous blown glass store, walked the streets, had pizza in Venice and ran like hell to catch our boat. That's the downside to tours...I could have gotten lost in those walkways eating gelato and pizza and listening to the sounds of tourists bustle by. However, do I think you need more than a couple of days here...no. It is very tiny in size. Do I think you should do a gondola ride...absolutely. Maybe skip the blown glass tour and cover yourself up and tour the Cathedral. My daughter wasn't dressed to enter and you have to be reverent....which I agree.
Germany. We toured the Dachau Concentration camp, ate at the famous Bavarian Restaurant and did some wandering. We had preset meal and we tried Wienerschnitzel! Not my favorite, but my daughter and I could have lived on the pretzels and spicy mustard. Dachau is a part of history.. a sad one. It's just not something I really wanted to see and now that I went...I can honestly say it still isn't for me.
 |
| When in Italy wear a red dress to spin around in. |
 |
| Copyright:rebecadipuccio A visit to Venice with the tour. |
 |
Copyright: rebecadipuccio Another Venice Photo
|
 |
| Dachau Concentration Camp. |
 |
| The friendliest people in Austria and the cutest dog with dreads. |
This trip made me crave trips to Europe every single day of my life in Arizona.
Comments
Post a Comment